ADVANCED COURSE (NEW!)
FOR HIGH-SCHOOL STUDENTs
What's Advanced Course?
Advanced Course is for high school students who participate Coral Reef Science Camp, extended “higher-level” fieldwork and research activity at KIKAI Institute for a week. The participants will learn how to write a research report. The report will be published in the academic journal of KIKAI Institute. We will support you to have a poster presentation at Japan Coral Reef Society Meeting 2018 (Nov or Dec 2018).
Aug 4 - Aug 8:
- Fieldwork and Research with team
Aug 8 - Aug 9:
- Consultation about a research thesis with a mentor (Professional researcher)
- Coral Reef Science Lecture
Aug 10 -12:
- "High-level" fieldwork and scientific experiments
Aug 13 -14:
- Writing a research report
- Closing Ceremony
- All participants will get a license of young researcher certificated by KIKAI Institute.
*We will arrange a time for self-learning every day. You can use this time for your homework of summer vacation and /or study for entrance exams.
A seminar room in KIKAI Institute for coral reef science or the other accommodation in Kiaki island
Breakfast and dinner is available
(Participation fee includes meal fee.)
What to bring (additional)
- Lunch expense
- Textbook or Homework for self-learning time